Illinois Concealed Carry Firearm Permit Class
16 hour classes offered:
A) Go to our Calendar on our Course Page.
(This is a 2 day course- must attend both days)
8 hour classes with range recommended for armed -trained Security Officers with or without a FCC, must have a 230# from IDFPR:
This is a Saturday course (one day course)
16 hour class $150.00 & $50 for the Range, less if you own your firearm, equipment & ammo
8 hour class $75.00 & $50 for the Range, less if you own your firearm, equipment & ammo
NOTE: Instructors are not required to accept any prior training.
In order to get into a class, the class must be paid in full. Payment is due at the time of scheduling. Must give 2 days notice to cancel or reschedule, otherwise $20.00 of your deposit will not be refunded.
Illinois’ Permit is now honored in 23 states:
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
Upon completion of the Illinois course, you may use your obtained Illinois certificate to apply for non-resident permits from the following states:
Each state will charge a different amount for their own permit at the time of application. Applications are available by contacting the appropriate state.
8 Hour Class is only available to those who have taken prior courses that are accepted by the Illinois State Police. Those courses and their accepted credit hours are as follows:
- 4 Hours each (must have 2 for 8 hour class)
- IL hunter safety certificate, UT CCW, FL CCW, NV CCW, MO CCW, KY CCW, MI CCW
Chicago Firearms Permit
8 Hours each (Only need 1)
DD214, NRA basic pistol, NRA personal protection home, NRA personal protection outside home
*NRA course MUST be a course with shooting
Security Officers with a current PERC & FCC (Tan Card) are exempt from the full 16 hours. We recommend a 4hr CCL info class done on the first half of day 2.
Only $40, Range optional but strongly recommended.
(Remember, your Security armed training is not the same as concealed carry)
Each Student must provide the following:
- Good quality firearm in perfect working order.
- If you do not have a firearm, one may be provided to you at your cost
- MUST BRING FIREARM ON DAYS OF CLASS- (NO LIVE AMMO – you may be asked to leave or secure your AMMO)
- C) NO magnum calibers allowed
- NO derringers, NO firearms without trigger guard, NO lasers, NO High-Points, Jennings, Lorcin, Raven, Haskell, single-action revolvers, or any firearm considered unsafe by instructors
- Firearm must be cased and unloaded
- If shooting a semi-auto, you will need 2-3 magazines
- 50 – 100 rounds of ammunition (NOT included in class price)
- 20 to 40 rounds for practice and 30 rounds for qualifying – the additional 30 rounds will be used only if you need to re-qualify
- NO hollow points.
- Hearing and eye protection. If you do not have your own, we will provide it for you; however, quantities are limited.
- Concealment holster and a belt if needed to use your holster.
- You will not be shooting from your concealment holster. The holster will be used to practice drawing with your unloaded firearm.
- Please bring the holster that you will be using to conceal your firearm to the class. You can bring any type of holster, including purse holster, concealment vest with built in holster, in waistband holster, shoulder holster, ankle holster, in pocket holster, etc.
- You will need to bring a vest, button-up shirt, or light jacket to conceal your firearm.
- Valid FOID Card (expired cards are not accepted) or applied on State Police website.
- In order to receive an 8 hour credit, you must provide successful completion of prior training course(s). Check the Illinois State Police website to see the list of credited classes.
Please note the following:
- Unsafe actions will be cause for immediate disqualification from class. NO refunds.
- Must pass shooting qualification with 70% or above. If you do not pass, NO refunds.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Dress code – No high heel shoes, boots, wedges, open-toe shoes or low cut shirts.
- Cancellation Policy – Must give 2 days notice to cancel or reschedule; otherwise $20.00 of your security deposit will not be refunded.
The days of your class:
There is street parking and a pay lot directly across from our building. If you’re lucky you may find limited open parking on Warren St. next our building.
16 hour class
Day 1: Please bring FOID card, firearm, concealment holster, and concealment clothing.
Day 2: Please bring items from Day 1 and 50 to 100 rounds of ammunition (no hollow points), hearing and eye protection.
8 hour class
Will be done entirely in one day.
Please bring FOID card, firearm, 50 to 100 rounds of ammunition (no hollow points), hearing and eye protection, concealment holster, and concealment clothing, credited class proof and a copy for the instructor to keep on file.
To apply for the ICC Permit:
ICC applications will need to be filled out on-line; this will include paying the $150.00 application fee (to the Illinois State Police), paying a service fee of $3.53 (to the Illinois State Police), take and submit a digital photo, and scanning your class certification.
We will be offering a service that will assist you in sending in your applications. If interested in this service, you can call to schedule an appointment. There is a $20 charge for this service, which will have to be paid when the appointment is made. If you do not come at your appointment time, or if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, the fee is non-refundable. You will be asked to pay another $20.00 fee to reschedule.
For more information about Illinois concealed carry laws or to speak with one of our instructors about our concealed carry classes or any of our high quality courses, please contact us. Call 312-207-1462 (ext. 11) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.